UPDATE: 9:22am 1/27/10 - Added link to how to set up your student web space.
In the repository: lecture slides
Reminder: there will be a reading quiz at the beginning of class next week.
- "It's the User Interface, Stupid" - http://www.technicat.com/writing/ui.html
- "What reading Tufte won’t teach you: Interface design guidelines" - http://glyphobet.net/blog/essay/269
- Looney Labs Harry Teasly - "Game Interface Design" - http://www.loonygames.com/content/1.16/guest/
- PC Mag - "User Interface Defined" - http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=user+interface&i=53558,00.asp
- Take a look at the class syllabus and schedule in the class documents.
- Set up a basic web page where you will link and upload your assignments. You have student web space, same as you've used for other classes; or you may use your own private space. Ask a classmate if you need help setting this up, or let me know. Login info and guide to setting up your site in our class document repository.Alternatively, you may also use Google Docs and share a folder of docs for your work for this class. (You are welcome to digitally post your work in whatever format, as long as you provide the link in the comments to turn your work in each week.)
- Join this class blog. (Do this early in the week.)
- Once you've joined the blog, post a brief hello reply to this message. Include your name, email address, and home website url.This is how I am collecting your contact info!